Whatever its purpose, concrete can be a functional and beautiful part of your landscape. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation estimate for your concrete job. In Utah M.B. Lewis Construction does concrete work as M.B. Lewis Construction Inc. In Nevada M.B. Lewis Construction Inc. does concrete work as A+ Concrete.
- Can you guarantee that my concrete will not crack?
- Unfortunately, no. Cured concrete is not a flexible material, however, the earth is constantly moving, swelling and shrinking.
In fact, any licensed concrete contractor should guarantee that your concrete will crack.
What we do is attempt to control where your concrete cracks, using grooves or cuts called control joints. Control joints are designed to do what they say–control. Control joints attempt to control where the concrete cracks. Pay attention to the concrete around you next time you are out and about—notice that the grooves in the concrete usually have a crack in them. In this case, the concrete has done what it is supposed to; it has cracked where the control joint is located.
If you are in an area with a lot of expansive soil, such as clay, it may be necessary to remove some of the soil beneath where your concrete will be located and replace it with less expansive soil in an attempt to minimize cracking.
- Can you install my concrete without grooves or cutting lines in it? I think that it looks better without them.
- Unfortunately, we cannot do this. Building code calls for a groove or cut to be placed in the concrete at certain intervals. Please see the above question about no-crack guarantees for a more detailed explanation.
M.B. Lewis Construction has many years of experience in concrete. Let us guarantee you the best price on a driveway, apron, sidwalk, patio, hot tub pad, rv parking pad, parking lot, rip out and replace, sport court, steps, retaining walls, ADA ramps, home foundations, cellars, mobile home foundations, steel building foundations and any other concrete product.
Our sheds are built to strict personal standards, but our prices are guaranteed to be the best. You get a better shed for less money!!! Call us at (775) 221-1284 for pricing and details.
Guaranteed best rates. Line and boom pumps available. Our line pumps are capable of pumping 3/4″ rock!
From frame out to finish…Guaranteed best price!!
So you’ve outgrown your existing home but you really don’t want to move, or the market just isn’t right. An addition might be the perfect solution for you!
- B. Lewis Construction, Inc. is a full service general contractor. We can handle your home improvement addition project from start (design/plans) to turnkey completion.
If you want to utilize your own home improvement skills and save yourself some money in the process, we can get your building “dried in” (meaning the foundation will be completed, the structure will be framed, and the roof will be on, but your project will not be completely finished) and let you take it from there.
Home Additions FAQ
Q1. How soon could you have my addition dried in?
A1. Depending on the size and completeness of the project it could take just a few weeks to a few months.
Q2. I don’t like dust, noise, mess, etc. Can my addition/home improvement project be done without that?
A2. Construction is usually a bit noisy and messy. There are steps that can be taken to minimize this; however, it can not be completely eliminated. However, you should expect that any contractor you hire will clean up after themselves.
Q3. We can’t decide if we want you to handle the entire project, or if we want to do some of it ourselves. What do you suggest?
A3. This question can only be answered by you. You might consider these things:
(1) How much time can you devote each week to completing this project? Normally our work crews spend 8-10 hours per day on the project. Most do-it-yourself-ers obviously do not have that much time to commit to the project. In addition, usually you are working alone rather than with a crew; therefore it takes longer. Figure up how many man-hours it will take to complete the project, and divide that by the number of hours you have available. Can you wait that long?
(2) Do you have the patience and/or know-how to complete the project?
(3) Do you know what you want, and/or can you make decisions about colors, fixtures, etc. quickly and easily? You know yourself better than anyone else, so if you know that it will take some time for you to decide what fixtures you will want or what color you want to paint your walls, you might need to spend the time making your selections while you are waiting for permits. During construction these choices need to be made quickly, and it is easy to become overwhelmed by all of the decisions you have to make.
Q4. We don’t have any desire to do the work ourselves; we would just like to hire a contractor who will handle our project from start to finish. Can M. B. Lewis Construction, Inc. do that?
A4. Absolutely! M. B. Lewis Construction can handle your home improvement project from start to finish. Whether you have your own plans for your addition or you need help designing your project, we can start from there and see your project through to its completion.
Q5. We have a friend who has some construction experience. We were thinking it might save us some money if we hire him.
A5. Is your friend a licensed contractor? If not, do you have workmen’s compensation insurance, unemployment, and payroll in place to pay him as your employee? If you pay your friend a set price as you would a contractor, or even by the hour without him actually being on your payroll (with all taxes withheld and insurance in place), he is acting as a contractor without a license, which is against the law. In addition, if someone (even a good friend) working on your project is injured, they could come after you for all of their expenses.
M.B. Lewis Construction has a full line of freight hauling vehicles including hot shot loads trucks, dump trucks, end dumps and flat beds.